Senior Project Manager Job Description
Nova Partners is looking for a Senior Project Manager who has managed a variety of clients for projects $150M+ in the San Francisco Bay area. We have a variety of projects that need your help in San Francisco, the peninsula, South Bay, and East Bay. For new projects, you may help shape the project scope and select the architect, general contractor, engineers, and all other required consultants to formulate the best-in-class team.
- Represent and interface with the owner from strategic program to tactical deliverables in order to achieve the desired project at a competitive price, on schedule, and at the desired quality.
- Coordinate with the Architect, Contractor, and other project team members to meet the project objectives and resolve issues at all project stages.
- Attend owner, architect, and contractor meetings, taking the meeting notes and managing the follow-up action items.
- Review project construction documents, shop drawings, submittals and achieve intimate familiarity with the owners’ and architects’ intentions and requirements.
- Develop, manage, and analyze the project schedule showing design, permitting, approvals, construction, and fit-up.
- Prepare estimates or support our in-house estimator by gathering budget and costs for the various portions of the project.
- Review and manage procedures for handling changes to the contract documents, monthly valuations, drawing submissions, change orders, requests for information (RFI’s), substitutions, etc.
- Prepare a site analysis for safety, quality, and logistics.
- Participate in value engineering sessions to help modify the design to reduce cost.
- Staff management which will include formal management of an Assistant Project Manager/Project Management team, resource management, and recruitment.
- BS in Construction Management or Civil Engineering preferred.
- 7-12 years of experience at a respected general contractor, consulting construction management, or development firm is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications and MS Project.
- Experience with ground-up construction in commercial real estate construction ideal, huge plus for project experience with hospitals, labs, and other complex projects.
- Experience working in the US. Project experience in California, especially in the SF Bay Area preferred.
- We seek those with intellectual curiosity, have a knack for critical problem-solving, and great sense of humor.