Project Manager Job Description
Our latest job opportunity is for a Project Manager who has managed a variety of clients for projects $50M+ in the San Francisco Bay area. We have a variety of projects that need your help in San Francisco through the peninsula, extending down to Santa Clara. Experience managing/mentoring Project Engineers/Assistant Project Managers is a huge plus.
- Represent and interface with the owner to achieve the desired project at a competitive price, on schedule, and at the desired quality.
- Coordinate with the Architect, Contractor, and other project team members to meet the project objectives and resolve issues at all project stages.
- Attend owner, architect, and contractor meetings, taking the meeting notes and managing the follow-up action items.
- Review project construction documents, shop drawings, submittals and achieve intimate familiarity with the owners’ and architects’ intentions and requirements.
- Develop, manage, and analyze the project schedule showing design, permitting, approvals, construction, and fit-up.
- Assist in preparing estimates or supporting our in-house estimator by gathering budget and costs for the various portions of the project.
- Review and manage procedures for handling changes to contract documents, monthly valuations, drawing submissions, change orders, requests for information (RFIs), substitutions, etc.
- Assist in preparing a site analysis for safety, quality, and logistics.
- Participate in value engineering sessions to help modify the design to reduce cost.
- Staff management (as assigned) which will include formal management of an Assistant Project Manager/small Project Management team, resource management, and recruitment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience at a respected general contractor, consulting construction management, or development firm.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications and MS Project.
- Experience with ground-up construction in commercial real estate construction is ideal, and a huge plus for project experience with hospitals, labs, and other complex projects.
- Experience working in the US. Project experience in California, especially in the SF Bay Area preferred.
- We seek those with intellectual curiosity, have a knack for critical problem-solving, and a great sense of humor.